Monday 3 December 2007

Choosing Music

After importing the finished .avi file in Premiere it was time to complete the edit, with countdown, fades and music. I searched through my collection and came up with songs that I felt were not too obvious but definitely had a wedding feel to them. My first selection was ‘Love is in the Air’ by John Paul Young, a great song that I have heard played at a lot of weddings and for me was the perfect choice. A bit of careful editing over the camera shutter ‘click’ I added gave a fairly unnoticeable edit which cut a four minute song down to thirty seconds.

For Ident 2, the church I decided to make the soundtrack more atmospheric, so created a mix of a traditional wedding song, ‘Going to the Chapel’, which faded in and out over a peal of bells (actually from Westminster Abbey – if you’re going to add SFX, add the best!)

No comments: